Thursday, January 15, 2009

To Make A Short Story Long

Eric's first two word sentence was, "Daddy bye-bye" whether that is a statement or a question depends on the time of day. Almost every morning starts with, " Daddy bye-bye?" and "Sissy night-night?" just so he knows the whereabouts of every family member. I really think Eric needs to know these things because he is persistent until I tell him where everyone is. If he watches Josh leave then it becomes a statement, "Daddy bye-bye." Even while visiting my parents this happened with Eric. Josh and I left for a date after we thought Eric was asleep for the night, but he woke up 10 minutes after we left. He cried and was pretty upset until my dad told Eric that mommy and daddy would be home later and then Eric stopped crying.

As I mentioned in my last blog, Josh is gone for the month training, which means most nights I have at least one little girl in bed with me sleeping on daddy's side of the bed. This particular evening was Erin's turn so when Eric woke up in the wee hours of the morning (which means the loud sound of, "Maaaa! Maaa!") I got him and brought him to bed to sleep some more between Erin and me. If any of you know Erin lately you know she is my "tooty girl" meaning she has a lot of gas. Less than two minutes after I got Eric in bed, Erin passed gas that sounded like a grown man. Eric, being ALL boy, thinks this is the funniest thing ever and laughs the best belly laugh at the sound of Erin's toot. Then he looks over at me still giggling and says, "Daddy toot!" Now that is a way to start the day!

4 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

HAHAA that's great!! :)

Anonymous said...

He is just a little love, even if he doesn't like his grandmother very much. That will change as he gets older. He'll find out that Grandma reads lots of stories and makes lots of food (that should win him over).

Anonymous said...

It's not that he doesn't like you, he is just a mama's boy.

Dona Eggar said...

Just home from Wichita. We thought about you the entire time and wish we would have had a six hour block of time to whisk off to Manhatten to see our wonderful family! I love reading your blog and I can just feel and hear the happenings as you experience them. It brings much joy and always a big smile! That Eric is a doll, isn't he? Such an expressive face! Of course, with his mom being who she is would there be any other option? We're glad he got that part of the genetic split!!! (-: