Monday, January 26, 2009

My Ballerina


Emma recently started taking "ballet" classes. It is a beginner dance class offered through the parks and recreation which is a good place to start. I learned that "real" dance studios only start new students in the fall and they work on basics and performances for their spring recital. This means no starting in January, but gives us a great opportunity to see if Emma really likes dance before investing in ballet school. Her outfit was given to us by a neighbor whose daughter has outgrown it (Emma LOVES her tutu!) and the absolutely adorable bag was made with love by my best friend Sherri. Emma actually asked Sherri the night of her first class if she could make her a bag stitched with ballet slippers with the ribbons on it ..Sherri did NOT let her down and had it made and shipped BEFORE her next class. That's SERVICE!!! Click on the picture to view it larger.

These pictures were taken before her second day of dance. I love the upper one where Emma has her hands on her hips with the cutest smile. We did a fun photo session and Emma did her star pose (I am assuming the get ready to twirl pose) and of course twirling. I love the seriousness of the middle picture, she does like to get things right.

You didn't think we could have a photo session without Erin getting in on it?! My favorite part is Eric's expression in the background. Again, click on the picture to enlarge if needed.

4 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

WOW!! Look at ballerina Emma!! I love the hands on hips pose too! So adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, look at little miss Emma in her pretty blue tutu! I love the pictures! Remember to point those little toes and smile. She will be the prettiest ballerina.

Anonymous said...

The hands on the hip pose is just adorable. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures. I'm glad that Emma is getting the chance to Dance.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!! the kiddos are SO big! And so cute! Dona sent me the link and I am SO happy I can get a little peek into your lives!! I miss you. Much love,
Jenny