Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tinker Toes

"Do as I say, not as I do!" That was modeled in my home today thanks to me and an ever watching little guy. I am married to a techie guru and we have one of our computers hooked up to the television. It is great when watching movies on Netflix and it also means that all of our DVD's are played through it and the munchkins know about the buttons. The girls are really good about not messing with the computer, but Eric is just learning. Today when I walked by the TV, it was off but the computer was on. So, instead of turning on the TV, switching over to the computer input, finding the mouse to do a shutdown; I used my big toe to push the power button thus shutting it down in 2 seconds. Well, Eric watched me do this and I instantly knew I was going to regret that move. It only took until tonight for Eric to demonstrate his new found skill. The kids and I were watching Tinkerbell (Josh is in the field for 10 days) and when there was only about 7 minutes left in the movie, Eric walked by the TV, used his big toe and turned off the computer. He didn't even pause! I was honestly impressed at how fast he acquired this skill and he was pretty proud of himself too...I guess we have a "Tinker Toes" on our hands. (Sorry, the pun was too good to pass up.)

2 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

HAHAHA That's great!

Anonymous said...

That is Hilarious!!!!