Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lighted Parade

Last night we went to Manhattan's Lighted Christmas Parade. First of all, who doesn't like a parade especially in a smaller town where you can still park along the street 10 minutes before the parade begins? I think all children LOVE parades and lastly how cool is an evening parade where all the floats have strings of lights?

This year we went with some friends to the parade. Thanks Jessie, Sammy and Bella! We enjoyed hanging out in the back of your van when it got too cold and drinking warm hot chocolate while eating cookies. The girls love getting the candy they throw out at parades. Not like we needed more since we still have Halloween candy left (which is great to use on Gingerbread Houses). The candy gathering does pose a problem when you are wearing gloves. Erin just took hers off despite my repeated attempts to put them back on. Poor Emma just did her best with her "big girl" gloves on...check out the picture above.

I also have fond memories of attending this parade with my gal pals from Ogden. Drake and Zack, I took the picture of the firetruck for you guys. I sure do miss that wonderful group of ladies and am grateful to have survived a deployment with them.

We also want to thank Aunt Shannon and Uncle Shaun for our fabulous thermoses. It kept our hot chocolate warm and the flip tops kept everyone clean and dry.

3 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

I LOVE the candy with gloves picture!

Anonymous said...

I remember those good ol' days too! Wish we lived close enough to watch the parade with you guys! Zachy loved the fire engine picture! Miss you guys,

Sarahbeth said...

AHhhh.. I think of those days often. Miss y'all!