Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gingerbread House

Last year we started a new tradition of making gingerbread houses. Josh's sisters have been doing this for quite some time, they really enjoy it and have fond memories of making them together. Last year we bought our first kit and Josh and the girls decorated the house. It surely wouldn't have won any awards but they had such a good time making it that it was a blue ribbon winner to us! I got another kit this year so that I could make it with the children. There was a lot of sugar consumed but we had a blast!

I haven't gotten to the point where I bake my own gingerbread but I think that will be coming soon. This year they each did a different side of the gingerbread house (see below) if you know my girls then you already know which one did which side. Do you have any fun memories of making gingerbread houses?

4 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

What a beautiful gingerbread house!! We are starting that tradition this year too.. I'm planning on making it from scratch.. I'll let ya know how that goes! Gotta look up some directions, since I really dont know where to begin.

Anonymous said...

yummmmy

Shannon Ryan said...

So, I was looking up how to make the houses.. and man, it looks very advanced! LOTS of ingredients too... $$$$! I think I'm just gonna use some of the ideas for candy decorations from the sites.. but BUY the kit at Joanns for 9 bucks! ;)

Heather E said...

We supplemented the candy with our leftover Halloween stash.