Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Big Boy Uses the Potty....sometimes


He uses the camera too, but Eric has used the potty about ten times so far. He is child number three so I am not naive and know this is really about timing on mommy and daddy's part. It started on our trip to Louisiana to attend a wedding. After a bath I decided to put Eric on the toilet, since he almost always pees after a bath (usually on the floor). Much to both of our surprise and delight, Eric went "pee pee" on the potty. He was so proud of himself, I wish I had a picture of that. Anyhow, Josh and I regularly try to get him to sit on the toilet after a bath and every once in awhile we have success. This evening, after his bath, I put Eric on the toilet and he peed. Of course the girls and I clapped and so did Eric. Then after brushing his teeth, Eric sat on the little potty by himself and peed some more! Now that is success!!!!

1 comment:

Shannon Ryan said...

wow! I've always heard boys are harder to potty train than girls.. BUT he's got momma, daddy AND two big sisters cheering him on.. soo I guess that helps!! :)