Wednesday, December 17, 2008

God Whispers....

Did you ever have the feeling that you should do something but not quite sure why? Some people call it good luck and others may call it intuition. Me? I think it is God "talking" to me, trying to influence me, but still giving me the choice to listen or not to listen. This evening I listened and I am so grateful!

Today was a snow day for daddy and we all were thrilled! Josh was here to shovel the driveway TWICE and he wrote our Christmas letter (thank you sweetheart). Since we got our first real snow fall of the year with 4 inches of accumulation, Josh took the girls sledding. Eric and I didn't go as I am just recovering from the flu and he is fighting a cold and slight ear infection. We are both doing well, but it wasn't worth getting worse over and it was time for Eric's nap. Also, it was nice that the girls were able to do something fun with their daddy and sledding is one of Josh's favorite things to do with them in the winter (right now at least).

After dinner Emma said that her tummy was hurting and didn't want to finish her rice BUT she had room for ice cream. A part of me was concerned that she may have the beginning of the flu (the first whisper from God) but another part of me thought if she finished her rice and still ate her ice cream she probably isn't that bad. Well, she ate all her rice and her ice cream and we got ready for bed. Another whisper.... I told Josh that we needed to make sure that we had the waterproof mattress pads on the girls' beds. And another whisper... for the first time I had Emma sleep on the bottom bunk with Erin "just in case". The girls went to sleep and Josh and I talked through our few remaining Christmas presents to buy and went to bed. And another whisper but this felt more like a nudge...."Josh, did you check on the kids before coming to bed?" He had. Five minutes later God whispered to me again...."I think I am going to check on them one more time. I want to make sure Eric is warm enough and that the girls are okay." Muffles from Josh as he is trying to get at least 6 hours of sleep while his wife keeps talking to him. I got an extra blanket for Eric and as soon as I opened the door to the girls room I knew Emma had vomited. The poor thing was still sleeping and I will spare you the details but I put Erin in bed with Josh and Emma in the shower. She slept in the hall in a cocoon of towels and blankets while I cleaned up her room and the bathroom. Emma is soundly asleep and I am working on four new loads of laundry and making my rounds every 10 minutes. Thank you God for not letting me sleep and making me check on the girls!!

They did have a GREAT time today!

3 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

sledding = fun
sleeping in puke = not fun

poor Emma!

Anonymous said...

Such a shame to be sick after having a great day sledding. Hope she is better.

Dona Eggar said...

Great picture. I think I need a hard copy of this one! You can download on my computer now that I am getting Walgreens photo savvy!
Off to dust downstairs (left side) and be ready for my grandchildren and their parents TOMORROW!
I am so glad you listen to the still small voice of the Holy Spirit of God speaking to your mother heart. I have always felt that a mother heart is the closest thing to God's heart of love for us! mom