Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Decorating the Christmas Tree

I like decorating for Christmas, it's fun! It's even more fun with extended family to help and bring good cheer. This year we put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving. I know it's a traditional time for some, but I am usually busy with family visiting and think after they left, "Hey! We should have put up our Christmas tree." This year I made sure we did it and we had a wonderful time.

Josh set the tree up with his "helpers", Gamma and I fluffed the tree, the girls helped to place the ornaments while Oma took pictures. I think it will be a nice tradition to do this together and make fun family memories.

Our tree looks a little sparse this year; we didn't put up the glass ball ornaments. Eric is one and a half and every time we passed a decorated Christmas tree Eric would stop, point and say, "Ball! Ball!" Really, why put Eric and ourselves through that this year? As long as we have lights on the tree and the ballerina ornament (one of three glass ones that did make it on the tree) the kids are happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I'm still not putting glass ornaments on the tree, and my youngest is 2, LOL. I want the tree to be fun, not a don't-you-dare-touch-that-young-lady kind of thing. There will be Plenty of time later on down the road for the perfect tree. I love that right now ours is a reflection of where we're at. Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Blessings, Whitney

Anonymous said...

We loved the pictures. I guess that I should be forwarned about putting plastic blubls lower on our tree when we put it up. I am glad that you got a tree up this year. So much fun.