Sunday, February 15, 2009

Up a tree

This is Erin up in a tree in our backyard. It is great for climbing and the girls really enjoy it. This day Erin was feeling a bit adventurous and climbed higher than she ever has. Emma pointed out to me how high Erin was and that she may need help. Ahhhh! Just to give you an idea of how high, the fence in the backyard is 5 feet tall so I guess she was over 10 feet off the ground. Again, I grabbed the camera to take a picture (since it wasn't Erin that was worried) and then I climbed the tree to help Erin get down. All in a days work.

After a full afternoon of play it was time for a bath and a nap. While helping the girls get their clothes off, Eric apparently thought I took too long to help him so he just got into the bathtub. He does like taking "baaaaa" so then I stripped his soggy clothes off and he and the girls had a nice warm bath.


3 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

Finally a post! WOW! Erin in that tree is crazy!! What an adventurous kid! Eric, so impatient! Makes for good photo-ops though! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's about time. We have been waiting for the picture of Erin ever since we were talking to you when it happened. Now we see why you had to rescue Erin. Well Eric was getting his clothes clean for you.

Dona Eggar said...

Oh, a granddaughter after Oma's own heart. I spent literal hours in trees over the years. My Mom used to ask that I not be in one when Dad was due home, however, just to save him the stress! Never fell though. (-: Good for Erin, and good for Mommy for not yelling,
"You're going to fall"!!!