Saturday, November 22, 2008

My not so secret secret


My sweet little Emma is at a stage where she is very honest with me, for which I am grateful and it also gives me insights into her personality and character. The other day a package arrived with a few things for Christmas that the girls were not to see. So, as any good parent, I "hide" it in my closet. I am really not thinking that this is hiding, but out of sight and out of mind is my philosophy on this one. Emma asked what the present was and I told her she would have to wait until her birthday, December 11th, or Christmas. Then she told me with a knowing smile, "Mommy, I know where you keep the presents. In the CLOSET! Your secret hiding place is not so secret." After stifling a laugh, I asked her if she has looked in the closet to find the presents. She told me, "No, but I think I am going to peek soon so you better hide them somewhere else." I guess I will be wrapping presents this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clever arent they. Too funny