Thursday, November 20, 2008

My little man

Eric has been working on his dirty looks lately. He is really getting it down and it make me wonder if I have been doing it too often. Since he has two older sisters who sometimes mother him too much (really three mothers would drive anyone crazy) he has had to come up with a defense strategy which happens to be scratching. I know that when he does this I tell him, "No scratching!" and give him the disapproving look...apparently this is the source. Now when I tell him no, he closes his eyes, lowers his head quietly and then covers his eyes with his fingertips. It really is just too darned cute but I know that he is intentionally tuning me out. My goal today is to get a picture of the dirty look and his "I am invisible" look and of course I will share it here. Today I was in the grocery store, Ray's Apple Market by the post office, for all you local or used to be local people. We were checking out and Eric was pushing the cart with the car in front. I asked him to stop pushing it while I paid and gathered my groceries. Well, he stopped, thought about it and kept pushing. I asked him again to stop but this time when he stopped he looked at me, thought about it again, then gave me a dirty look and kept on pushing. Needless to say, the employees just howled with laughter and I couldn't hold in my own giggles while gathering up my little man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's just too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Sure he hasn't been studying Emma???

Heather E said...

Ohhh...good point mom! Emma is really the best at dirty looks, especially in the morning when Erin is chipper.