Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting Bigger

Not me, but my sweet little girls. (Side note real quick: This is the longest I have gone without being pregnant since 2003! I guess that is why I have the energy to get up with Josh and stay awake.) Emma will be five in two and a half weeks. She is tall and skinny and a major wiggle worm while sleeping, she always has been. We've noticed that her feet have been hanging off the bottom of her toddler bed because of her sleep patterns. IF she keeps her head at the top she fits, but that isn't the case so we were off to look for a new big girl bed for her. Since the girls share a room and probably will for some time, it makes sense to buy bunk beds. We've been saving and looking for quite some time now (thank you to mom and dad for additional help) and what you see at the top left are the new big girl beds. Josh and I put them together last night and rearranged their room. It turned out well and surprisingly doesn't make the room look too full. We also got the type of bunk bed that can be separated and will look nice as two stand alone twin sized beds. It is bitter sweet to see my girls move onto the next stage. They certainly have enough leg room and they did enjoy picking out their own bedding. Emma feels like a big girl up on the top bunk and Erin went to sleep last night telling me how much she liked her new bed and how she is going to turn it into a fort. Eric even loves it and enjoys climbing to the top to dance and touch the ceiling. Our little girls are indeed getting bigger!

1 comment:

Shannon Ryan said...

aww! So sweet! I still can't believe that Emma is going to be 5! Time sure does go by quickly, doesn't it?
btw - I like your pregnancy trivia! it's not too late to have ONE MORE! ;)