Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting on the bus

Less than 30 minutes ago, I put my oldest "baby" on the school bus for the first time. Today is the first full day of school and here I sit with mixed emotions. I really enjoy being a stay-at-home mother and spending time with my children, but eventually there comes a day when we have to let them go on to the next phase of their lives. So now I pray that she has a great day. I pray that the other children are kind to her and that she is kind to them. I pray that this time in PE she doesn't feel too anxious and can happily participate. I pray that she is open to learning and that this will be a wonderful experience for her. I pray that she doesn't miss us too much and will come home 4:15 excited to share her day. And I pray that God will watch over her and keep her safe.

It is wonderful that Emma's bus stop is literally across the street! The children there were really nice to her and since we know the only other girl at the stop, Grace, it makes it easier.
Here she is getting ready to get on the bus!


Eric cried when Emma left and was still crying when we got into the house. I think his crying distracted me from my tears....they still may come. I love you my sweet little Emma!

4 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

AWWW!! He wants to know where his sister is going!! :( How sweet! Does school not get out til 4:15?? That's so late! Around here it's still around 3. I hope Emma's first full day is wonderful.. I'm sure she'll love it!!

Heather E said...

School is from 8:40 am until 3:40 pm. The bus has been running a bit late but that is normal for the first week of school.

Mom said...

How bittersweet to watch your first child make that first big step towards growing up. I hope that Eric has recovered from his sister leaving. I hope that Emma does just great on her first full day of school.

Dona Eggar said...

I am praying that Emma has a wonderful first year of school! She will be a fabulous student. I can't wait for her to love Sparks as well! Wish I had her here to go to ours and see her every week! Cutie!