Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 7, 2009 - Our 8th Anniversary


Josh and I celebrated our 8th Anniversary earlier this month. I think it is only the third or fourth time that we have actually been together on our wedding anniversary so I was really excited. Also, I was treasuring it as I know next year Josh will be on the other side of the world.

One of Josh's soldiers, a very sweet man who will someday make a great father, volunteered to watch our children for us. We went to a few places in Manhattan nibbling on appetizers, salads and cheese plates. We were able to have uninterrupted conversations, enjoy a few moments of silence, eat slowly and just enjoy each other. It really was a wonderful anniversary!

We came home to happy children who ate popcorn after dinner and talked Mr. Mike into making them fruit smoothies. It was a great night for all!

3 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

I thought about you on your anniversary and hoped you got to spend it together!! :)

Mom said...

What a great picture. I'm glad that you got to have a fantastic anniversary celebration.

Dona Eggar said...

I am so glad you've had a few dates lately and especially your anniversary. You can have a couple more in October for sure when you come. Oma's up for it!