Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pancakes, Pirates and Eggs

Nineteen days since my last post! Thank you to my faithful viewers and your unending patience. I must admit that I do post more while Josh is gone, so we should be catching up over the next few days. If you don't know, Josh is off to Missouri for another Best Sapper Competition. Last year his two-man team finished in the top 10 and he is hoping to do better this year. We won't be able to join him until the last day as I have to lead a Family Readiness Group meeting Tuesday evening. I am the FRG Leader and with the company commander (Josh) away I really can't miss it. So, here are some things that happened then end of March.
Emma woke up one morning when Josh was in the field and decided that she wanted pancakes. Now, Josh usually makes pancakes once or twice a month on a Saturday so in his absence she made them. I offered minimal assistance and Emma really did a wonderful job! The pancakes were delicious with nuts, chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
The next picture is a random one of Erin. She found Eric's pirate patch and wanted me to take a picture. Who am I to refuse?! And yes, she was saying, "Arrrggggghhh!" while I took this picture.

We get the Family Fun Magazine and they really have some fun craft ideas. We set out to make three tissue paper eggs and I figured that I would just make Eric's. Well, Erin had the attention span of a three year old :-) and I just gave up on Eric's and helped Erin out with hers.


Yes, it was messy and we did it while Josh was out in the field.


Even though Eric didn't want anything to do with making the egg, the flour and water combo was too much fun to pass up. Emma used her scissors to cut her own hole. She is getting to be such a big girl!



Here they are with their tissue/paper mache eggs. Later, we made some cute chicks out of puff balls and put them inside. They were really proud of their work and it was a nice Easter decoration for the buffet.


3 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

WOW!! Those eggs are ADORABLE!! I might have to get a new magazine subscription! ;) Also, Emma is getting so big.. I can't believe she's making pancakes and everything! She'll have to make some when we come to visit! Erin's ARRRGH face is too cute!

Sherri said...

The paper mache eggs came out wonderful. I think I like your inserts better than our birds. Either way, what a nice mess.

Mom said...

You are just such a great mother to allow your children to express themselves in so many ways. I love the pictures showing what they were making. I expect to have pancakes when I come to visit next month. Can't wait. I have been sewing up a storm.