Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pictures of Our Three E's with USO Books

Erin and Eric were home when the mailman delivered our package from the USO. I knew what it was right away and tried to hold back my tears. Josh told me that before they deployed that the USO offered times to our soldiers to read a book to each of their children, have it recorded and the book and DVD were to be sent after the soldiers deployed.
They were busy looking back and forth between Josh reading the book and the book itself. They turned their pages when daddy turned his pages and it was quite a treat.
After listening to all three books, Erin listened to all three again. By this time, Eric had all the sitting still that he could handle and was off to play.
When Emma came home from school, we surprised her too with daddy reading the books. The video clip in the previous blog really captures her emotions.
They all loved following along and listening to daddy read. It was interesting that Emma wanted to rehear all three stories too. It's so comforting and soothing to listen to Josh's deep voice - what a treasure!

3 comments:

Shannon Ryan said...

so special!

Anonymous said...

Tell Josh he can call Katlyn and I and read us a bed time story any day :-P Okay, a bit weird. My nieces and nephew are looking good - can't wait for the next installment of scrambled eggs ;)

-Justin

Chris and Carolee said...

Hi Heather,

I did not know that you had a blog. I found you through my sister's blog. She never blogs but, I clicked on her's today to see if anyone was following and I saw your blog. Your children are so beautiful. I think and pray for you and Josh often. I am so proud of the work that he does but, I am even more proud of you and all that you have to do alone while he is gone. What a great reading program the USO has. If there is anything Chris and I can do please let us know and know that we are praying. Now, that I know you have blog I will add you to mine. Love you guys.